Good morning from snowy and cold British Columbia. Wow we had a spectacular summer which blended into Indian Summer and then over night turned to winter last week. We had no fall so to speak and now the ground is covered in snow and the temperature is -14C. We are not sure if it’s the Spirit or the weather but something is saying, “it’s time to go”. Other than our sadness to leave family again, it wasn’t hard to convince Robin.
I just wanted to briefly update you on a few items below. We are truly touched that you care about us and are interested in what the Lord Jesus is doing through us. We really value your prayers and we feel them. How blessed we feel – truly – that we are given this great place of honor.
- TRAVEL: We plan to depart over the snowy mountains on Monday, November 14th and arrive into Mexico on December 14th . Your prayers for traveling mercies, functioning car and wonderful fellowship in the car together are much appreciated.
- ITINERARY: Clearwater BC – Courtenay BC – Salt Spring Island BC – Little River CA – San Jose CA – Pleasanton CA – Fallbrook CA – Prescott AZ – Cottonwood AZ – San Carlos MX.
- MEETINGS: We are blessed to have meetings in these places. Thank you for your prayers that we might be filled with the Spirit of Christ in our thoughts and words wherever we go. I think of God’s words to Abraham to make him a blessing and also to be blessed. I think of Paul’s words to the Romans (1:12) as he wanted both encourage them and also to be encouraged by them through their mutual faith.
- HOWARD: Sadly Howard took a turn for the worse and two days ago was admitted back to Kelowna General Hospital to be under the care of three neurologists that are familiar with his case. He’s unable to walk, limited to a bed, undergoing neuropathway therapy. Merrill says “He’s disappearing. He’s coming to the surface much less and then he dips down under and then he’s gone for a while. He just stares into space.”
- JUNGLE WI-FI: I was blown away a few days ago when I got a random video call from a number I did not recognize. Lo and behold, it was a group of P’s way up river from the isolated village we used to live. To get to our village, you either had to fly in a Cessna airplane or take an 8 hour trip by truck and boat. To get to Berea, the village where this call came from, it would be another day upriver in a boat. I still shake my head to have learned that someone has installed a solar powered WI-FI Antenna out there and I now have contact with them. It was so weird to be looking at brown smiling faces on my phone who were all bunched together in a mud hut with candlelight. This extra contact will be a real blessing. Yesterday I got a text from them saying that G would be arriving to their village on the 10th for fellowship and teaching.
- E: E is back in Colombia. What a blessing he is, as he has a deep understanding of the Scriptures and, together with his wife L, has a tender and dedicated heart desiring to serve Jesus with his life. It’s really nice to have E near WI-FI as he helps me with song lyrics, translation questions, and we are hoping to soon write a children’s Bible Story Book in P.
- CEC: The Bible School in Mexico has asked me to teach a third class this year which I said I would. Thanks for your prayers for these classes that will take place sometime between Jan-April.
- COLOMBIA: I have another opportunity to travel to the border of Venezuela. This time it is much closer to the border and would facilitate many more P’s. There would likely be around 200 for a week. Your prayers are appreciated for this somewhat dangerous trip through guerrilla territories. It’s a pretty amazing opportunity that Russell has offered me. We are wanting to be sure it’s the Lord’s will before we confirm. But if so, that would be during the last half of January and would be a 5 day conference there.
- RADIO: Once back in Mexico, I will continue with radio programs recording them in my studio there.
- OT TRANSLATION: There is a group of P’s currently translating the OT. Then, there is another younger group which also wants to translate another version of the OT. They’ve asked if I would help them. I was somewhat reluctant to be involved with this mammoth project but I did say that I would help them with difficult areas or with questions they may have.
- PRIMER: We have two primers which have been written or modified by native speakers. They are still going through editing and revisions but they will soon be ready to be sent to the printers. The older generation really wants to launch a reading program for the children, so that they will be able to read their Bibles.
- AUDIO NT: The dramatized audio version of the NT has been recorded. Faith Comes By Hearing did a wonderful job with about ½ dozen P’s (E, G and M were involved). The recording was then sent to FCBH headquarters in the US and is being mastered. We hope to see this completed sometime within the next few months. Once it is final, FCBH will upload it to their own devices and distribute it to the people. This will be wonderful once it is received by the people as they will be able to listen to the audio version while they follow along in their Bibles. This will also help improve literacy.
Thanks for everything. We really appreciate you and feel so cared for. The hand of God upholds us through you,